Monday, January 18, 2010

Random Thoughts

Today is a work holiday and it's my favorite kind. Mike and Dave are both working and I am not. Bless those kind of days. I have accomplished so much even though it's the kind of stuff no one will be able to see but me. I spent the morning shredding. That's just about my favorite activity, besides playing Bejeweled. Which by the way I haven't. I have been getting ready for tax time. This is what's involved.
1)Balance the checkbook (and if I'm lucky, it's not for months and months). This time, only one month. And that's just because I caught it up over the holidays (5 months) because I knew what was coming.
2)Try to remember how to run my reports for the tax stuff on Quicken. Quicken is a really wonderful invention and really is a time saver, if you know how to or can remember how to work it. But I found them (the reports) and they are printed.
3)Try to remember what all went to Deseret Industries etc, because that darned IRS requires an itemized list.
4)Find all the other stuff that goes in the folder for the accountant. Luckily, I have been doing this long enough that I have gotten smart and put all the receipts etc in a folder through out the year. 2010's folder is already going.
5)Empty out the files from years back and shred shred shred. I took out 6 bags of garbage, papers, envelopes etc that I have been cleaning out. I have to bag it up and stick it in the can before Mike gets home because the questions will start "Why are you getting rid of that". And if I don't bag it up good enough, and he sees it in the can, he will look through it. Don't think I'm lying , the neighbor has the pictures to prove it. Will we all develop those weird habits when we hit 50?

The only thing I have to figure out now is how does paper get so dirty? I am filthy, my hands are filthy and the floor really needs to be vacuumed. But I have accomplished the task, all I have to do is wait for the 1099's and W2's and I am there. What a relief.

Just a word about this holiday that I am enjoying so much. I really respect Dr. King and what he was trying to accomplish. I am especially grateful for the way he tried to accomplish it. It is so sad that a man who was against violence had to die by violence. I am very grateful for the message's I hear coming from our president when he talks about being a parent and trying to raise our families right. I don't agree with all of his politics and he hasn't been proven yet, but he puts the right message across concerning responsibility. Now if people would just listen to him. I am especially grateful that I have never had to feel the sting of racial bias or discrimination. I have dealt with disrespect but I can't complain because I am pretty sure in the last 49 year's I have dealt some out. I am just grateful that I learned respect and as parents we have tried to teach it to our family. It is still a lesson in progress but on the whole, they are getting it.

Thank you Dr. King, and "I have a dream" also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutest Puppies in the world

Cutest Puppies in the world
Sammie and Penny

Our Retirement Home

Our Retirement Home
The Tilt'n Hilt'n