Sunday, January 3, 2010

I can't believe it is 2010 already. My son asked me, what have I done (meaning him) to be a better person in the last 10 years. As we were discussing what he had accomplished, I began to think about what had happened in my life in the last 10 years. Some sad, some happy, some gratifying. So here's my list

2000
  1. Graduated one some from high school in 2000.
2001
  1. Was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in 2001.
2002
  1. Was sealed to my family in the Temple in 2002.
  2. Lost the most wonderful father-in-law to Pacreatits. He passed away June 5th, the same day Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped.
2004
  1. Got a different job as an instructor at work.
2005
  1. Yippee, graduated my second son from high school. What a relief. No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers dirty looks.
  2. Got a new job in Examination, what a life change for me.
  3. Bought a brand new (38 miles on it) car. What a treat for me, I felt like such a grown up.
  4. My Mom had a stroke in July. Went through rehab at a nursing home for 3 months
  5. My oldest son got married to a very nice girl.
2007
  1. My sister-in-law passed away from Cancer that she had bravely battled for 7 years.
  2. I started taking college courses after almost 30 years out of high school. Started with an Accounting class, what a challenge for me because I am mathematically challenged.
  3. My Son got a promotion in his job and moved to Ogden, living about a mile away from us.
  4. My mother-in-law sold her home and moved in with us. We found out that she had pancreatic cancer in June. What a devastating blow. Our family and friends rallied to help us care for her.
  5. Got a promotion at work (still in Examination) doing complex interest for large corporations. What a challenge and a wonder that I could accomplish this task.
2008
  1. My mother-in-law passed away in January of 2008. What a blow to our family because she was such a wonderful person. We loved her and miss her so much.
  2. PAID OFF OUR HOME.
  3. Bought my husband the truck of his dreams. It is an F350 Super duty, 4-wheel drive, diesel, dually. Not bragging, just can't believe something so nice is ours.
  4. My son and his lovely wife separated. Spent quite a while soul searching thinking maybe I had something to do with it (steamroller personality that I have).
  5. Finished the last college class I am going to take (got a 3.9GPA). Decided at my age, I just want to retire and enjoy myself.
2009
  1. My son's divorce was final in February. What a sad time.
  2. Helped my brother-in-law complete the temple work for my deceased sister-in-law. Assisted as he was sealed to her for time and eternity if she so chooses to honor the covenant made in her stead.
  3. Watched happily as my brother-in-law married a wonderful woman.
  4. Oh my heck, my son is now managing his own store. Meant a serious move (8 hours away) but what an accomplishment for him. I am so proud.
  5. Managed to travel someplace almost every month this year. Not that we planned it but it worked out that way. Missed January and December.
  6. Landed the best job in the world (so far) as an ATS in Appeals. I don't know what I was doing right to get the job and the boss I have but I am in heaven. Starting July 2010 I will be working from home part time. I can't wait.
  7. My Mom fell and broke her leg the weekend after Labor Day. What a shocker, really brought it home that she was the only parent left. Rehab in the same nursing home as last, with wonderful caring people. She is home now and doing well.
  8. Bought our retirement home, see picture posted.
  9. What a wonderful day. In December, we were able to complete the proxy temple work for my husband's parents and seal him and his sister to them for time and eternity if they choose to honor the covenants we made on their behalf. What a joy for my husband to know that they will be together as a family again.
  10. What an accomplishment, my wonderful husband and I have been married 30 years. Not all of them great but oh how glad I am that we stuck it out. What a friend I have and we have some much to look forward to.
As I look back at my list, I have had a very eventful decade. And that is only the major things that have happened. I am so grateful for the blessings and the love I have in my life. I am grateful for a family that accepts me, flawed as I am, and loves me anyway. I am eagerly looking forward to the new decade. Anything can happen and the sky is the limit if you choose to put yourself on the line. You risk the chance of loosing big, but the only way you know you won't advance is if you don't even try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutest Puppies in the world

Cutest Puppies in the world
Sammie and Penny

Our Retirement Home

Our Retirement Home
The Tilt'n Hilt'n