Saturday, January 2, 2010

My first blog

I don't know much about computers but figured I would try. Everyone says you should keep a journal and I pretty much suck at it so I figured maybe this would be a good way to do it.

About me:
I am my kid's mom. I love it when everyone says that on Dr. Laura's show. Now I am not a dedicated fan of hers, just like the slogan. Because that about sums it up. I have two children, Brandon (27) and Dave (23). They both turned out pretty good despite their neurotic mother.

Brandon lives in Wyoming and is engaged to a very wonderful girl. He will be married in about 6 weeks. He manages a store that sells industrial supplies and really seems to do well at it. He started working for this company about 5 years ago as part time shop help and receiving freight.

Dave lives at home with us and works as a receiver for a trailer supply store. He dates a little but isn't really looking for a serious relationship right now (he says). He said he is going to live with us forever. I don't mind him being around because he serves a purpose, lifting heavy objects and reaching tall things. That and the fact that he really isn't that hard to live with and is kind of fun to be around. Unless he's doing stupid stuff, which he does every once in a while to remind us that he still can.

Mike and I have been married for 30 years (on the 29th of December). We were pretty young, just 19 and 20 when we got married, but have managed to muddle along pretty well together over the years. We are looking retirement square in the face, and it couldn't happen soon enough to suit me. We just bought a new trailer and truck in the last two years and the open road is calling our name.

Also living in our home are two of the cutest rescue puppies you could ever imagine, except when they are shredding the Kleenex in the bathroom garbage. We are the proud people of a miniature Schnauzer named Sammie and a West Highland White Terrier named Penny. I say we are their people because they really own us.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of Blogging! I think you will have a blast with it!

    ReplyDelete

Cutest Puppies in the world

Cutest Puppies in the world
Sammie and Penny

Our Retirement Home

Our Retirement Home
The Tilt'n Hilt'n