Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Remodeling




Mike and I have lived in our home almost 25 years. We started building it in November 1984. Mike drew the plans and built it and then we have spent the last 26 years changing it. First taking out the kitchen window and putting in a deck. Then adding a bedroom and bathroom in the basement. Then taking out the bedroom in the basement and adding a master bedroom in the basement. Then adding a garage and familyroom and a second deck. And landscaping and changing landscaping. Then a new kitchen floor. And new carpet. And a new driveway and front porch. And a waterfall (when all I really wanted was the weeds pulled from the flowerbed). But it's beautiful and I am lucky to have such a talented husband. Now we are remodeling the bathroom. So out goes the tile and the sheetrock. And now I have a tub on my deck (the old one) and a tub in my frontroom (the new jacuzzi one) and nothing in the bathroom but a toilet that isn't connected to anything.

Tonight my wonderful hubby was sitting at the kitchen table figuring out the plumbing for the new taps and showerhead in the bathtub. I love how he just sits there with this far off look on his face because I know he is drawing a picture in his mind and that is one thing I can't do.

We thought we had the tile all picked out and the colors and everything but then there is a picture on the box the shower head came in and it is really awesome. I like that tile better and hope he does too. And the jacuzzi tub, man I can hardly wait. I never figured he would go for it because it is so much more work than we had planned on.

And the down side to the remodel? The timing. Our son is getting married on the 20th of February and we are having some family for breakfast the day after. And it looks like we will be a one bathroom family still. I PRAY THAT I WON'T STILL HAVE A BATHTUB IN MY FRONTROOM!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutest Puppies in the world

Cutest Puppies in the world
Sammie and Penny

Our Retirement Home

Our Retirement Home
The Tilt'n Hilt'n