Thursday, April 7, 2011

Parenting is Not For Wimps

I used to hate it when my kids would be up all night knowing that I still had to be at work the next morning at 6 a.m. regardless. The little darlings could have a nap at the babysitters but Mom didn't get that luxury. Then there was 12 years of missed assignments and "I don't know" hiding the homework that did get done. Fights on the playground, fights on the bus, calls from the attendance office, ear infections, colds, tonsilectomies, broken bones, stitches and the list goes on and on.

I would take it all back and live through it again. It is much easier than being a parent and watching your kids go through things you can't fix. I pray a lot but feel so helpless as I watch my boys endure challenges that I know will turn them into men and prepare them for their own turn at parenting, but boy it is hard. I try not to be a "helicopter" parent but a Mom worries don't you know.

I just try to make sure my boys know how much I love them and that I am proud of them when they make good decisions. And when they make mistakes I love them anyway and stand by them as they suffer the consequences of their actions.

Just saying though, it was much easier when I could put a "Bob the Builder" bandaid on it and kiss the booboo better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutest Puppies in the world

Cutest Puppies in the world
Sammie and Penny

Our Retirement Home

Our Retirement Home
The Tilt'n Hilt'n